Thread: Engine: B5244: - Clutch *DMF - list of items to order
View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 23:55   #24
SwedishBus

Yes, I'm not sure why it didn't move either. I had the correct tool on the cover (genuine auto-adjusting-clutch kit) and tried a few different release travels to see if that made any difference. It made not a jot of difference, even at full finger travel flush with the cover.

The end-game was that the clutch is absolutely fine, it bled fairly easily, and appears to have found a good bite-point within a short period of time. The car is back with the customer, with the advice "Don't slip it again, not to the extent that it melts the plastic inside the cover plate"

The gearbox was one of the easiest to engage with the clutch plate that I have ever done. Probably just as well, as the M56 is a bit heavy for one person. The trick was to jack on the subframe, and use the rubber rebound rubber as a slide/support for the base of the gearbox. I put a bit of silicon grease on the rubber face to make the job easier. Then all I had to do was use my slave bellhousing fixings to guide the front of the box, and use the subframe to align the back. Took me 2minutes to put the first proper fixing into the back of the engine, after manually lifting the 'box through the wheelarch.
SwedishBus is offline   Reply With Quote