View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 08:36   #2
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Driving down motorway around 70, heard a small ding, and saw a 12mm star like crack on windscreen just under radar unit.
Autoglass came out and said could not repair as just inside drivers windscreen wiper sweep.
Now having to wait 2 weeks as Autoglass are busy and windscreen has to come from Volvo.
Not at all impressed with the service tbh so far, so I will be watching they do a good job and re-calibrate the radar and camera systems properly as well.
Are they suggesting they will repair this on your drive or suggest you will have to take it to a regional centre so they can calibrate the cameras? Although most fitting centres have closed it appears they realise they need dead level floors/sufficient space to calibrate increasingly ‘windscreen dependent’ and complex camera systems and these require undercover facilities. We have one in Norwich, not used it yet and hope there is not the need although strikes me the crumbling UK roads are producing increasing tarmac debris which is being thrown up by the (also increasing) amount of traffic on our roads which seems to want to travel at ever increasing speed, with less space making the situation worse. Drove form Norwich to Cambs and back yesterday with debris flying everywhere - I can see a chip out of paint on my plastic lower spoiler for my efforts so touch-up pen will be in use by end of today.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote