View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 07:54   #8
honestjoe
MY 240 DRIVES ME!

Hi Tom..sorry you"re still having issues..Though my bus is the same age as yours mine is a Di and is carb not fuel injected..The location of the crank position sensor is a thick black wire which is attached to the firewall and runs down the back of the engine and sits on top of the bell housing..ie clutch/gearbox.There is not a lot of room between engine and firewall but you should just be able to get your hand behind to the sensor on top..follow the wire down.This can be a pig of a job to do so might be worth ruling out the fuel pump relay first..The sort of melting to that relay could be a failing fuel pump and the extra load is melting the relay?..from my little knowledge of this system i believe you should be able to hear the pump running when turning the ignition to the on position?..I wonder if its possible to bybass the relay by bridging just to test?..i also believe that roadside recovery did this to my friends 240 just to get him home..If you would like to know how i got on changing the crank position sensor you will find it in my previous threads..all the best hj.
honestjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to honestjoe For This Useful Post: