View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 00:40   #357
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSaintJames View Post
This is the AQ151 C or D IIRC and as Dave mentioned above?

Finally got the tracking and wheel balancing sorted today, £69.98 for the lot, I was expecting it to be more expensive so that is a positive.

All the wheels were out of balance (I did ask them to check all four), the most was 30g which apparently isn't too bad. The tracking needed a minor adjustment but again wasn't too bad.

Result? Very much improved. Less vibration everywhere, steering wheel and seat base, it feels more stable and it stays going in the direction you point it! Had a little trip up the dual carriagway and there is still a little steering wheel wobble between 60 and 70, but is much improved - the front tyres are a little worn on the outside edge so I wonder if that could be the cause (a hangup from the coilovers perhaps).

Had a look at the brakes whilst the guys had the wheels off, there's about half the meat left on all discs and pads, so shouldn't have to worry about that for a while, likewise the tyres - between 6mm (rears) and 4mm (front drivers side).

A good job jobbed, prop bearings next and maybe an engine. Will depend if I can get hold of the ebay seller of that penta engine!
You might find it's a bit more economical now Tom, surprising how much wheel balance and alignment can effect economy.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: