View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 17:00   #30
Tony Harrison

My understanding is that the 12 month extension to 48 months only applies if you had a PP hose failure in the first 36 months. In my case I had a failure midway through the fourth year: not covered even though I have a Volvo Extended Warranty because it is a hose. BUT the nice people at Holdcroft in Stoke said they would see what they could do and within 30 minutes had an offer from Volvo to pay 95%, leaving me with the huge bill of £15.73. Because I paid something, the part is under warranty for 12 months. I think having the Volvo Warranty helped.

I also understand that the first modified hose Volvo introduced simply changed the end that blew off (clever). Holdcroft have seen no failures with the latest version introduced Autumn 2019 (hope I remembered that date correctly).

Hope this clarifies a few things.

BTW I really like Holdcroft. I won't go back to Marshalls Nottingham. They wouldn't even respond to messaegs left with reception.

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony Harrison For This Useful Post: