View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 16:09   #27
Odysseus

Today I was "working from home" and convinced the wife to take the Lexus leaving me the XC90 to play with.

On my list for today was to update the navigation with the new discs that arrived earlier in the week, and maybe a quick wash.

Diligently, I prepared everything in advance including hooking the car up to my new battery conditioner to keep it topped up during the lengthy navigation update.

Everything started off promisingly enough.

It suggested a completion time of 310 minutes(!). I duly set my alarm and resumed working hard at my laptop (that is to say I pottered around the garage).

Unfortunately, and despite several attempts characterised by blowing on the disc, turning it off and on again, colourful language, and direct threats, it would not progress beyond 130 minutes remaining without throwing this error.

I contacted the eBay seller who supplied the discs and he's sending me some more. Very responsive of him but annoying all the same. Here's hoping the new discs work better. Luckily the navigation is still usable but it's going to annoy me until it's fixed.

I did take the opportunity however to give the car a good wash. I did all of the usual anally retentive car wash nerd things of wheel wash first, snowfoam top to bottom, wool mitt wash with two buckets, then iron remover, then tar remover, then clay mitt, then another wash, then drying before applying some Aerospace 303 on the black plastics, cleaning the glass and then some quick detailing spray on the body on account I was too knackered by that point to even contemplate polishing the gigantic thing.

It came up looking good however. Not bad for nearly 184,000 miles.

The next tasks are to finish the navigation update with the new discs matey should be sending today, and once the V5 arrives, assign my wife's private plate to the car which will be nice.

I'm still minded to at least check the auto gearbox fluid. Does anyone know how to do this on a 2012 XC90? My 2005 S80 had a dipstick for the gearbox but I can see no such thing on the XC90.

As always thanks for looking.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote