View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 16:29   #2
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra View Post
only 50K miles but at 65-70mph in 5th I get a very small buzzy type vibration through accelerator pedal only, no steering wheel vibration or anything else.

I really dont think it has anything to do with wheel balance/tyres or anything serious like DMF. Pretty sure it is nothing major.

Suspect that this tiny buzzy vibration is due to engine mounts starting to wear ? but at only 7-8 years?

Thanks to anyone with experience of engine mount repalcement (@lockstock I know you have been though various problem solving with your C30)
almost certainly engine mounts ime. But I have come to suspect the 2l has a resonance issue at 2-2.5k rpm. nothing to worry about but this manifests at 65ish in 5th. I think it comes through subframe and so you feel it in accelerator. I think the main culpret is the torque mount, mine was in bad shape. If I replaced again Id go for the focus e-mount. I beleive its a straight swap. The other is in the left as you face the engine bay, mine was totally perished at 80k. The third one under battery tray was actually still in decent shape so I'd doubt thats any issue at 50k. mine appeared to have a minor manufacture defect in it so I swapped it. I still get the vibration but was greatly reduced by the torque mount and the left as you face car engine mount.
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote