Thread: HID conversions
View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 12:10   #20
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Sounds like you just volunteered to do the experiement Lizard!

My problem with LED lighting is their colour.... blue is BAD for your eyes.. the eyes adjust slower and it is harder to focus.
Then, having said that, look at the crappy headlights they gave us in the P1 cars.
Hehe, no doubt I will one day try it out, but rather not gonna spend money on it as I suspect it wont stay. I will eventually come across a one bulb off a broken set or something to try out on bench and will for sure post up results.

agreed with colour issue, also refraction caused by lenses (especially on french cars) make the output VIOLET is just ridiculous. Also every manufacturer seem to choose their Kelvin rating at their own will and not much can be done to change it. Was driving in front of this 2019 V60 and its dual-LED headlamps, while providing a nice spread and pattern, are stupidly blue, like 6500K as per my eye, terrible light colour! Best so far seem to be Audis/BMWs that have output close to pure white 5000K. This I would be OK with.

Clan - maybe share the link here, if worth recommending? - atleast proven and tested so better for others to get those rather than uncertain chinese cr*p