Thread: XC90 questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2024, 23:51   #2
Carlosos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
Hi all,

I'm doing a bit of browsing at the moment. I don't know much about XC90's, hence why I'm posting in this section. Please forgive me if any of the questions come across as silly! I've never owned an SUV before, but I fancy a change and I do like the elevated driving position. However, I'm not new to the Volvo world. See link below to the vehicle I've come across whilst browsing.

Here's the questions I have based on the car linked below;

I currently own a P3 Volvo S80, is this shape XC90 being a "P2" chassis classed as a true Volvo, as P3's have lots of Ford parts. Is this the same for the XC90, theoretically making it a P3 car?

I don't think these wheels will be good for the ride quality? They look aftermarket to me, or are they?

Is 164,000 miles too much?

Is 185bhp in a vehicle that weighs this much too small of an engine, to the point it feels sluggish and underpowered?

Is there plenty of rear leg room in the back of an XC90 for fully grown adults. Let's say there's a 6ft person driving, what's the space like behind. Its adequate in the S80, but I wouldn't call it "great" either.

Any other things to look out for on these XC90's?

Are they comfortable comparatively to a saloon?

Thanks for your help.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...o=2024&fromsra
It’s defo a p2 car. Not aware of any Ford parts but I might be wrong.

The wheels look aftermarket but they do look good. Changed them down to 18’s if ride quality wants improvement. They arnt expensive.

185 is plenty of power but it’s all relative. Mine is 163 and it’s fine for us 7 up with luggage but you might find even the 200hp version slow. It’s down to you.

I’m 6’2” and I can sit behind myself (not possible lol) and be plenty comfy enough. The seating in these is excellent, much better than every saloon I’ve been except say for sure LWB models.

Check for wet footwells as the sunroofs can leak down the a pillar (easy fix)

Check for oil leaks. You don’t need a leaky engine and there are plenty for sale with clean engine bays. Check the propshaft underneath. If you can turn it with your hand it means the 4wd isn’t working.check for braking in a straight line, work bushes can cause weird handling. Other stuff is general car things.

These do over 300k miles with care but they do need care and looking after. Gearbox is what mostly ends the life of these cars so check for service history on the gearbox or factor it in for a service.

My jag s type was slightly comfier than this but not by much. That car was serene on big fat sidewall tyres. My Xc90 is on 18’s and it’s almost as good.

I’ve always had big saloons and I’m glad I changed. The driving position ease of entry and exit for me and my 4 kids it’s such a lovely but thing.

If you look after it it’ll look after you.
Carlosos is offline   Reply With Quote