View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:04   #4
AlexV70Drive1

Cool

I think they are great for how much they are to run the 1.6d it’s the engine they use in pugs, fords and lots of other cars too but there are also horror stories of Turbos failing but if it’s been serviced regularly with the correct oil, not raged about and just looked after then I’d say at least test drive one and see for yourself how well it gets down the road but it will not feel like what you have now lol but still good and won’t feel slow by any means. I see what you’re saying and If I were you I’d stick to the devil I know and fix yo the one you have and run it into the ground as the worst thing would be to buy another one and end up having issues (not saying you will) I’ve been looking about on eBay I’ve only found ones going for cheapest £1950 it sold needing a new engine 😫 and next up was a really ropey beaten up sliver one cat N for £3500 other then that they are about 5 to 7k for a clean low miles one. I’d go for an XC60 if I had the option over the v70 because I think they look abit nicer. I’m not a fan of autos myself but if you got a 1.6d it would probably feel nicer and less work to drive as I do feel like it wants me to be up and down the gears a lot but i got used to that quite quickly. I got lucky with mine because cat S puts a lot of people off especially when they don’t know what they are looking at and have been told not to touch salvage cars! They are mostly bargains if you can repair the body or mechanical damage yourself but not for the faint of heart also having the Volvo history and cambelt done at Volvo really sealed the deal for me. Good luck to you mate hope you get that rust sorted out and when you’re ready hope you find yourself a bargain! Let me know when you want to start looking and I’ll try to help you find a good one!

Last edited by AlexV70Drive1; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:10.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlexV70Drive1 For This Useful Post: