View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2020, 14:05   #9
Potski

If it help's I'll throw in my thoughts.

I have an S80 D2. Bought at 10 months of age in April 2014 with 24k on the clock and now has 165k and its never really missed a beat. Its always been services by either MRG Volvo in Chippenham when it was still a proper Volvo garage and then at Kings in Westbury.

The only things that have needed attention apart from the normal consumables are 1 main battery, 2 side light bulbs and 1 rear drop link. Regularly returns 50+ and on a run high 50's in normal biff-about motorway driving.

Without doubt it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who doesn't need a tow car/taxi for the local rugby team.

The only thing I would encourage you to do in addition to the regular engine oil & Cambelt/water pump changes is every 40k or so , get the gearbox oil & filter changed. Oh - and feed the leather occasionally!

People will say that I'll miss the power of the D5 etc. but honestly in 99% of normal driving after a day you'll never miss it (apart from the nice noise the 5 pot makes) I've also owned an early 163hp S80 D5 & A V70 D5 on which I racked up 150k miles or so between them, so feel I can make a fair comparison.

Don't fear them. Its been brilliant in my experience & looks like a car with half its mileage. They may be a mongrel but mongrels tend to be loyal & intelligent choices.....

Hope that helps.
Potski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potski For This Useful Post: