View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2020, 21:54   #10
AlexV70Drive1

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70greg View Post
Welcome Alex,

I brought my car high mileage and cheap (September 19), it was an ex fleet car and had been sat for a while (almost a year I guess from mileage since last MOT), several long journeys didn't remove the low battery warning.

I gave both batteries an over night charge and it has been fine ever since. I assume this winter will kill it but at least I got another year out of it.

Same as you I guess don't care too much about the stop start, so long as the car fires into life when needed.

Over the lockdown I have given the batteries a top up every week or two and the stop start can be temperamental if it hasn't be charged in the last week or so, but no warning has come up.
Hi mate thanks for the reply after i checked the voltages it still isn’t happy and gives the low battery message and shuts off the radio and whatnot so it definitely wants a battery or a good charge up. I did have a look for a charger as mine is an old one for lead acid batts not the fancy AGM ones we have now.

Mine was parked up for god knows how long with the battery disconnected so it maybe the same as yours where it needs a proper overnight charge.

Do you remember where you bought your charger and if it was a reasonable price? EBay have them for about £25 but they look abit Micky mouse for my liking. But if you used one like it from eBay then I’ll get one but I won’t bother if I can spend a little more and get a proper one with accurate readings, charging specs and will last a few charges lol.

I do feel at some point I’ll have to bite the bullet and get a battery but I want push it as far as I can!🤣 thanks again bud
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote