View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:39   #20
RS3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
So it's merely a reset of the e-dipstick and not a system recalibration? Makes more sense now, and good news for any of us who want to perform DIY oil changes but don't have VIDA/DiCE.
Yes

Quote:
Is this now for all VEA versions, whatever age?
As far as I can ascertain. I can't claim credit for discovering the PID parameters. I got them from a guy on a German forum, but it has been tried on various cars with diesel and petrol VEA engines and seems to work reliably.

I have access to other aftermarket diagnostic equipment and the oil level as reported by Torque with that PID agrees with the CEM oil level reported by the other scanner, so I am happy with it.

Quote:
I recently had an 'add 0.5L' message, not too long after a dealer service. Have added 0.5L of the correct oil, e-dipstick is now on max but the level (read using the Car Scanner app) is only 25.68mm (so a fair way down from what you're suggesting as the refill target).
Might be worth comparing it with a reading from Torque or other software, to be sure.

Incidentally, from what I can gather, the dashboard oil level gauge on the VEA engine cars only has three states: OK, add oil or overfilled. The graphic of a gauge is a misrepresentation in as much as the indicated oil level won't change outside of those three parameters. More dumbing down for the driver

Have a read through this link. It's quite long, but interesting!

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...92#post2479292
RS3100 is online now   Reply With Quote