Thread: 240 General: - 240(245) Minor restoration
View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2015, 19:51   #1
presario85

Default 240(245) Minor restoration

Hi folks,

Last week I purchased a 240 that's in brilliant mechanical condition. It's rot free (mostly) and extremely solid, but just needs some minor sprucing up, mainly to the interior. The car was purchased as something retro to pull my caravan with and I'd no intentions of doing any restoration work, but now that I have her, she seems to have wormed her way into my affections in just a week and now I'm going to do some work to bring her back to her best!

I'll put up some 'before' pictures at the weekend, and post weekly updates on the work I'm doing. I'm sure you've all got better things to do than read my ramblings about some minor work I'm doing to my old motor, but I'm putting this up mainly as a motivational tool to keep myself going to finish the jobs and in the hope that some kind and wise Volvo guru out there would be willing to give some advice and tips for me!

I've purchased a couple of interior bits and pieces which I need, but I need some other bits and pieces - so if anyone has any interior bits that they'd be willing to sell (especially plastics - A pillar covers, Handbrake surrounds, door pockets and a good condition tan leather drivers seat) please let me know.

On a starter point, I've a bit of a problem with my door speakers - they've been replaced by a previous owner and the replacements must be too deep as they prevent the windows going down. Can anyone recommend a good modern replacement speaker which wouldn't have this problem?

Things I've managed to source and order so far include door handle surrounds, speaker grills, clear indicator lens covers and the vital SEM colourcoat tan/camel interior paint.

So there we go - a little intro from me and hopefully someone out there will be able/willing to give a little advice and maybe find a bit of interest in my ramblings!

Michael
presario85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presario85 For This Useful Post: