View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2015, 21:48   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rk View Post
I have a bit of a strange issue with my Volvo 340 (1.4l), a month back I started my car it sounded like a squeaky belt, however it stopped after a few meter, on the way I noticed the engine wasn't reaching it's normal temperature, when I was stopping the temperature was increasing again to normal etc. So my thought was it the thermostat, change it and it was alright up to now, again the same issue, a very, very slight squeaky noise (stopping after a few min again) and believe the thermostat failed again. The cooling system was before clean, and I cleaned and refilled it before, so I son't believe it's the issue... can't believe it's the water pump ether (but not sure). Has anyone an idea what the issue could be? Thanks.
All the 340's i have seen in the last 20 years have a gauge that only goes up to about 40% of scale when warm , the senders in the head/waterpump are getting old and have high reistance . It is normal for the temperature to go up a bit when stopped , then the fan should come on ...