View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 19:34   #10
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
It has to be said that the polestar optimisation program whilst providing worthwhile gains in power and torque should not be nessesary.

Volvo produce a car that they accept can be optimised by a programing update at a considerable cost by polestar which in truth for the cost of the car should of been optimised from the factory.

I know the difference before and after polestar on my car was chalk and cheese however on a car costing over 34k new it should not of been nessesary to spend a further 700 to optimise it. How the new vea engines fair I don't know, there not being a manual transmition option with them I shall never own one, but these cars start at over 40k and should not need optimising in the first place, they should come optimised from the factory.

Paul.
I've begun to think that Volvo deliberately produce detuned versions of their vehicles so they can get you to fork out an additional £700 to have it put right!

I've got a VEA D4 with a manual box. Are the currently available ones really all auto only?