View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 08:57   #501
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It's not just to prevent moisture in the connector, there are relays inside for the petrol/gas changeover and they are designed to be mounted a certain way. It's similar to the reason i cited for vertical mounting of the injectors, the relays can stick if not mounted in the correct plane.

Are you sure the gas fuel rail is only 3mm diameter? Considering the gas hose is 12mm bore as far as i can make out, 3mm is a big drop. Is there not enough room to fit the gas injectors between the rocker cover and the petrol fuel rail? Alternatively there is at least one bolt i can see on the throttle body, a bracket on there would make it possible to mount them vertically.
I didn't realise about the relays, that makes more sense! I'll see about pointing it somewhere else. I did look to mount that fuel rail there but can't remember now why I went against it, perhaps it was head room but ill ave another play about today and see what I can do. Its fairly tricky to mount it somewhere close enough to keep the hose length to a minimum and even lengths.

Yea definitely 3mm internal diameter, I rang un Tinley when I ordered my extra bits and I asked about the nozzles and needing to make them bigger but he said anything more than 3mm is pointless as that the internal size so won't make a difference.
ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post: