Thread: V90 cc
View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 09:46   #19
crashbarrier

We were changing my wife's car and she wanted to have an estate again after an SUV. We finally tracked down our car in Welwyn Garden City and had been very pleased ever since. I did a lot of looking into the merits of the D4, D5, and the petrols and probably would have preferred the D5 for its extra horses but we struggled to find the right one.
Ours is a fully loaded ex-Volvo UK D4 which I got upgraded with Polestar from the outset and we've been very pleased with it indeed. The car is very nice inside and great to look at from the outside. My only complaints would be the lack of interior storage space i.e. cubby holes and decent deep door pockets, and the rather small boot. So far the boot hasn't defeated us but it is smaller than other estates. Also, the drive mode selector is really fiddly and awkward and takes a bit too much attention to make sure you've selected the right mode. Rotating drums do not make good pushbuttons. The driver display should be where the drive mode options pop up and not on the centre screen. All these grumbles apply to all V90s whatever the model, I think.

I've just thought of another but this may be related to our 21" wheels. The turning circle is abysmal!! Truly dire and embarrassing when you end up stopping traffic to manoeuvere in places that would cause no problem for other big cars.

The car is almost unique where I live and it's nice to drive something that isn't an XC90, Land Rover or cross-over.