View Single Post
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 18:16   #27
Zeb246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Your looking at approx. £200 for a new bearing hub (Volvo) or can get 3rd party parts for approx. £60. Then as said above £80 ish for trailing arm. I would guess the suspension itself will be okay.

The next major point I've just picked up from re-reading the thread is, in your picture in post #1 you say the wheel no longer sits straight and shows the steering wheel cantered left approx 30 to 40 Deg??

If the car had only been hit in the rear then the steering wheel would still be virtually true (Straight). This would indicate the front has also suffered some damage too which then on reflection of the damage once more I see there appears to be similar damage to the front wheel too?

This further aparent damage along with the offline steering wheel would then amplify the fact that the car has been damaged on the move and not standing still?

I would therefor have to ask again are you sure that noone decided to borrow your car whilst you were in the house? What about without your knowledge?

100% positive no one drove my car, apart from myself. No one else is insured on the car apart from me, I live on my own, single. I was focusing on the damage of the N/S wheel so didn't look at the front wheel. Part's don't seem too expensive, so I can order them from Volvo.

Do you reckon the front suspension will be damaged?
Zeb246 is offline   Reply With Quote