View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 20:39   #1
Dislocation

Default S70 -97 Doors, alarm and lights problems

Hello there. So i have couple of problems and i'm looking for some solution to them.

Also for the note: I'm not sure if interior lights means something else also, but in my case i'm referring it to lights over the doors, and top/middle light between driver seat and shotgun.

Lets start with door lights: Couple of weeks ago when i opened any door, interior lights would come on, and also red lights in doors. Now i noticed only driver door does that, other doors doesn't activate any lights anymore. Doors will lock and electric windows works fine though.

What i should do to identify what's the cause?

Also when i purchased this car, former owner told me that alarm system is not working, and he didn't know why. I read from internet that in some cases if alarm "thinks" that some door is open, it won't activate itself, could that thing be linked to my door light/interior light problem somehow? Alarm red light on dash doesn't blink or even appears, it's just off.

Before, when lights was still activating when i opened any door, there was no problem like if i close the door, lights would stay on. That's not the problem even now when only driver door works with lights.

So far i've tried to slam every door little bit harder than normally, even hood and trunk, no help. Also i don't think this is bulb issue, because if it would be, then i'm pretty sure interior lights shouldn't come on with any doors, and now it still works with driver door. I also checked every fuse that says anything related "lights".

Of course 1997 years alarm system is not that accurate nor great, but i'd still like to have it on anyway :-) And also the interior lights is nice to have working

Thanks a ton for everyone who is willing to give me some advice or tips!
Dislocation is offline   Reply With Quote