View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 19:34   #49
Traveller11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallys Tow Car View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm the proud owner of a XC60, it was my other halfs company car which came up for renewal, he couldn't have a car that sturdy for his next car so I bought it so we could still tow our Elddis Odyssey 634 (a biggun). Since the car has been mine the turbo pipe has cracked and the alternator drive belt has snapped - can this be the stress of towing? Should I have it serviced more than once a year? Am I being paranoid? Am I just unlucky? Any help would be great!
Hello Sally,

There are a couple of things in your post that would help if you could clarify please?

While you do not say how old your XC60 is or the Model D5, D4 or D3, which tells us the type and size of the engine.

There was a recall not long ago by Volvo that affected my XC70 and required a swap out of the Auxiliary Drive Belt Tensioner and Belt which is the one that drives the Alternator as a couple had failed, so Volvo decided to swap out the lot but I am not sure if that was also the case for the XC60.

In terms of 'Weight' when loaded, how heavy is your Eldiss as it sounds like a Twin Axle when you say 'biggun'

While your Turbo Pipe cracked.
The air intake pipe from the air filter developed a couple of places that started leaking and had to be replaced on ours at around 60,000 miles, but I think that was due to the heat of the engine affecting the plastic after we had travelled a distance of over 250 miles with our 'TinTent' hooked up, which was quite a regular occurence!
The engine in the XC70 of ours is a D5 2.4Litre 205Hp Turbo Diesel.

I think if you can provide the Engine Size: D5 2.4 Litre or D4/D3 2 Litre and the total weight of your Eldiss 'biggun' then we would have a better idea what is happening when you are on the road.

Cheers
Traveller11 is offline   Reply With Quote