Thread: Why Volvo?
View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 19:04   #9
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

I got my first 940 estate without knowing very much at all about them except that they're huge, I needed a huge boot because I was always lugging stuff about. I knew they were rugged, and I thought I was buying a noisy, slow, uncomfortable but functional workhouse. I got the workhorse alright, but she wasn't noisy or slow or uncomfortable.

She had to go when I changed jobs to involve a long commute on a lower salary than I was used to. I simply couldn't afford to fuel her. I'd just bought a house too so and then car had developed a few age related faults that needed fixing. I couldn't justify it so sadly she had to go.

Time passed, I changed jobs again to a salary more like I'd become used to, and much more local too. Buy this time I'd had a few crappy cars that I hated, so I asked on here for someone to sell me a 940 estate, and so began another few years of trouble free, enjoyable motoring.

I don't have a volvo now. To be honest I can't see myself getting another anytime soon, unless I happen to chance upon a decent priced 700 or 900 series that's been loved by a genuine enthusiast. I've recently changed to another crap car but it was cheap. Before I did so I researched what volvos were in my extremely limited post Christmas budget, and many alarm bells went off. I should point out though, I really don't like the overcomplicated newer cars regardless of make, but there are newer cars that are cheaper than volvos so if I have to live with awful technological overkill, I'll pay the least I can get away with for it.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote