View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 12:57   #17
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Sounds about right, wasn't it about a 9 second 0-60 and about 147 topend, was a decent motor for the time
Depends which source you refer to but the most believable ones i know of were 0-60 in 7.3, top whack about 147, the manual was 0-60 in about 7.7 and top end of about 143mph - yes, i know, the figures appear back to front but the autobox changes faster than the manual and will reach a higher top end because it's slightly lower geared allowing the engine to rev higher.

That said, Tony Pond got 150+mph out of the 2.7 manual Vitesse round the Isle of Man TT circuit and broke the record for a an average speed of over 100mph on the entire circuit (about 37 miles in 22 minutes ish) which wasn't broken until a long time later by Michael Higgs in a full tricked out Subaru rally car!
The engine in TPs Vitesse had been in his company car until the previous day so was already run in and i daresay had been tweaked a little.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote