View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 13:41   #20
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
I keep finding conflicting results for the top end, some say 136, others say 147, but that was for the 1987, mine was the 1989 G reg, but 0-60 is quite consistent and 8.4 but i think thats a little low, even though 1 goes as low as 8s, could have sworn it was 8.9 myself...
The original (massaged by the manufacturers) figures for the 827 were 0-60 7.3 for the manual and 7.7 for the auto. Correct figures were 7.3 for the auto and 7.7 for the manual.

Again, top whack was 133 for the manual and 137 for the auto, again massaged to read 133 for auto and 137 for the manual.

The early turbo Vitesse was (if memory serves) 0-60 7.2, top speed 143mph, later 200bhp was 0-60 6.5 and top end of 146mph.

Thee were the manufacturers figures, so many different road testers got varying results and their results went down in the records as being "accurate". Takes a bit of practice to get the best out of individual cars and for comparison, ideally the same driver. That's why i prefer the manufactures unmassaged figures.

The reason they massaged them (and so did Honda for the Legend) is nobody at the time would have believed the auto could outgun and outrun the manual.

That said, i do know (please don't ask me how ) the auto is very capable of 145mph and still accelerating like the clappers.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote