Thread: V70 LpgTech
View Single Post
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 10:43   #1
TomW

Default V70 LpgTech

Bought a year September 2000 V70 Mk2 with what I think is an Lpgtech conversion as several parts under the bonnet are made by LPGtech, a Polish company.

The changeover fuel gauge they have located by the gearstick reads full all the time illuminating all four green bars until it suddenly flashes empty and automatically switches over to petrol. I would have expected the gauge to display two green bars when half full but no, when it's empty it switches straight over to petrol with no warning the LPG tank is getting low. The button doesn't have a positive feel to it either with no indication on starting up whether it's in position ready to change to gas once warmed up.
Pic attached of fuel gauge switch and installation. Is this lpg fuel gauge easily sortable?

While on the subject of the dash, the cruise control doesn't work nor does the high beam blue light come on after flipping the dip stalk up. The lights remain dipped in all three positions on the switch on the right of the dash. The only way to put lights onto high beam is to hold the stalk up and the blue light illuminates. I don't want to interfere with too many electronics to sort out these minor problems for fear of upsetting the running of the lpg.
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote