View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 19:52   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steorbs View Post
Hello all. Firstly its nice to be here after several years of having hondas I've gone nuts and bought a V90. Now I wouldn't normally join a forum straight with a fault (very needy of me I know) but since picking up my 3 year old motor in December I've had a couple months of hell and starting to think it's a bit of a mistake.

So, when I got the car, the intellisafe unit had a gap of about a centimetre on the passenger side, no issues etc but wasnt sure it was right. The car then had a problem and needed a new steering wheel module (wiper and indicator failed in the tipping down rain in wales, what joy) so mentioned it when it went in. The dealer wouldn't touch it as I bought it from another dealer. They suggested it may have had a windscreen at some point.

Anyway, it's been in and the unit was hanging off badly (after the 1st lot refused to touch it...but obviously have) and I'm being told they have never seen this before. Apparently the bracket that is glued to the screen has come away. Originally i was told the bracket has failed and snapped also, but now they say it hasn't. My fear is they are offering to have it glued back but I'm planning on checking if it has actually snapped. Apparently the screen needs to come out to bond it back.

I think it needs a screen but they are avoiding as its expensive (heated too!) Anyone seen this and also anyone know how the plastic cowling comes off? Thanks!
They have no right to turn you away , at best they could get you goodwill, from volvo if it is a volvo screen , at worst quote you for a new volvo screen ... the bracket is very firmly bonded to the screen from the factory , they do not fall off . Can you find the word VOLVO on the screen anywhere with the other printing? If not someone has fitted a non genuine screen and tried to take the bracket off the other screen and poorly bond it to this one . It is pretty clear they have not even attempted to have it calibrated . Does the rain sensor work ok?
The only answer is to have a new volvo screen fitted which includes calibration who ever pays for it .. What about insurance ?