View Single Post
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 11:07   #20
jfrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
That is normal industry practice , for example if you had the problem with a week to run on the warranty , the repair would be covered by the remaining warranty in that case only the remaining week ... I would imagine you would have the usual 12 month labour warranty from the garage which did the work but it would not cover parts .
I wonder if making a minimal contribution would enable a warranty for the new part. Making a £100.00 voluntary payment would be well worth it to secure a years warranty. Below is an excerpt from an email I received from VolvoUK Customer Relations:

Quote:
"Unfortunately if there is no contribution from yourself towards the replacement engine, then there is no warranty applied. This being said however, in the unfortunate event, there is a fault with the engine, as per any other component on the vehicle. Now that the manufacturer’s warranty has expired any financial assistance is deemed as goodwill and is reviewed on a case by case basis."
Would be interesting to know if making a small donation would validate the warranty.
jfrank is offline   Reply With Quote