View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2009, 20:28   #14
ian2000t
Premier Member

Right... so, disconnected the union on the fuel distributor again, and it sprayed out for a second, and then stopped. Switches ignition on, and cranked over and nothing came out of there... so obviously no fuel from main pump.

Took the inlet pipe off main pump and a bit of petrol (just a little bit) poured out and stopped. Turned igntion on and cranked over and nothing at all coming through there.

Does that mean the in-tank pump is knackered? A few people said the car should still start and run even if the in-tank pump is dead though?

At the moment it's facing uphill on my drive, so pushed it down to level ground and put just over 2 more gallons in (bringing it to nearly half a tank). Tried again and absolutely nothing is happening now.... it just cranks over and over, with the pump underneath sounding strange, but not even attempting to fire.

How do you get the pump out of the boot, and where are the connections for it? I haven't got a Haynes yet, so I have no diagrams of wiring connectors to follow at all.

Does it sounds like the in-tank one to you? Reading the FAQ it says there are 2 relays inside the FI relay, and shows you how to check the one, but not the other?

1990 Volvo 760 GLE D24TIC ZF22 - 16psi, more fuel, Monark 293 nozzles, 40mm lower, Bilstein TCs, 24/19 ARBs, full Polybushed front, H&R spacers, 17" Titans. Running Veg oil/petrol mix.
Past: 1988 Volvo 740 B230E M46, 1991 Volvo 940 B230FB M47
ian2000t is offline   Reply With Quote