View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 21:52   #22
SoditTheHedgehog

Hi everyone - first post alert. Glad I had a flick through the pages before asking similar questions to Skyedriver.

I'm after replacing my 57-reg 2.2 i-CTDI Honda CRV in the coming months and as part of my homework, I've just joined the forum and have a couple of additional questions about the XC60 if someone would be willing to answer them, as I thought it might be nicer to ask here than to start a new thread with the same old same old, as it were. Budget-wise I'm after a facelifted model.

I definitely want the SUV bodystyle over a V60 or whatever as I have a daughter with a severe heart condition (she's only got half a heart) so I want to plan ahead as a pram or some form of pushchair might be needed longer than 'normal'.

Q1: How much better is the FWD 8sp VEA D4 than the AWD 6sp 215bhp D5 in terms of the drive, acceleration/power etc? I do want a bit of power and acceleration. I just don't want to be asking myself "what if...?" if I got a newer D4, but if it's a better drive fair play. I'm coming from a 138bhp Honda after all.

Q2: I do about 80% of the journeys on my own so also want something that's going to let me hang onto my rapidly-fading youth, hence wanting decent acceleration and the styling of an R-Design, but is the Lux Nav version that much better than the standard R-Design?

The alternative is a BMW X3 30d M Sport and I keep flipping between this and the XC60 with a budget of up to £17-18k (minus my £2k Honda). I've had a 320D M Sport in the past but there's a strong element of Volvo bias, as we had a 244DL and a 740GL when I was growing up. I'm also the right age for BTCC 850 estate-based memories. I loved that car. To be honest I'd really love an 850 T5-R to sit in making racing car noises and wishing I was Rickard Rydell, but I'm not best friends with anyone who owns a petrol station...

Thanks in advance - hope I've done the right thing by not starting a new thread that's too similar to this, and apologies to Skyedriver if I'm out of order as I didn't want to hijack your post, just add to it.
SoditTheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote