View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2017, 12:24   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Good morning, 'Vinootje', and welcome to the Volvo Forums. I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than I to respond, but I think anyone would require more information before offering a solution to your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinootje View Post
Recently i finally purchased my first car, bought a Volvo 440 from 96 with a 1.8 engine. love the car but it uses a bit to much petrol :P

A good choice, but no one buys a Volvo like yours for fuel economy alone. If bought wisely, I find the low depreciation more than compensates for any additional cost at the pumps.

but i am here for a reason. i recently purchased a cheap central locking unit to install in my car. i only have a key to enter my car. when i stick it inside my drivers door all door lock/close including the trunk.

Forgive me if I am confusing 'central locking' with 'keyless entry'. From your description, I assume that your car is already equipped with central locking which you wish to convert to keyless operation - is that right?

i tryed to install it but im stuck at the beginning. i cant figure out where i need to hook up the unit. ofcourse i know how i can give the unit power and ground but i have no idea where to hook up the cables for the locking including trunk.

I have no experience of these units, but if it is 'branded' and came with no wiring diagram, perhaps you may find the information that you require via an internet search of the maker's name. Sorry if that sounds obvious, but perhaps worth a try?
I am sorry that I cannot provide any more practical advice, but perhaps someone else might be able to assist you if you were to provide a little more information i.e. manufacturer, etc.

Regards, John.