View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2020, 15:53   #5
tom9

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
Hi Welcome.

Lots of advisories over the years on tyres, exhaust, windscreen, so run on a shoe string.

So long as the oil has been changed regularly then great. It's hardly been anywhere since 2013, so expect other things to need replacing.

Try and find out if the owner has receipts for oil and filter changes or any service history.

I would expect the radiator to need a replacement.

I have a 1996 940 LPT auto and that's on 2003,000 and no issues. Engines are great provided they are looked after, everything else is replaceable. Better if you are more hands on as garages £30 an hour upwards in labour.

Cambelt go genuine Volvo. Water pump SKF from memory. Ask here. Volvo replacement pump nowhere near as good as original volvo.
FRF Volvo are a good main dealer with trade prices for us volvo users quoting" C3". Based Swansea.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=57125&page=80

Cant quote cost for waterpump and cambelt on my 940 as had lots of things done together. My 240 cambelt cost £60 labour to change around 4 years ago.

Have you driven the 940 and given it a good looking over?

James.
Hi James,

Thanks for your reply and all the pointers. The MOT has had the same bits on it for the last 5+ years so it definitely needs new tyres and a few other bits.
I don’t know if this photo will upload but this is the work that’s been done over the last few years. The guy selling has said there is no other history with the car, just MOT receipts.
I’m thinking that given its £900 or so, I can’t expect a 1 owner car with full history.

I will call that dealership about the cambelt - thank you. A local garage has quoted me £280 to replace both parts (including parts labour and VAT).

Going to view and drive at the weekend. The seller has been pretty honest with describing it and taken time to answer any questions. He’s sending me a video shortly.

Have tried to upload the last service docs. I realise it will require a service if I buy it which I should be able to do myself.

Many thanks

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3D54BA32-0F7F-4948-AE13-281D99E36691.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 063EED42-45D2-4911-9242-0E1C7FA159C7.jpg (103.9 KB, 11 views)
tom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom9 For This Useful Post: