Thread: V70: General - Speed Dependent Power Steering
View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 13:13   #15
Dazzlev70r

Not sure if this helps

I have a March build 2009 2.0 R design

This car DOES NOT have speed dependant steering fitted despite Volvo saying this only affects the earlier models

Now im no buff with things but i like the steering on my car as it goes, hard to explain but its turns where i want it to go, at low speeds very light and seems to stiffen itself at higher speeds

Handling though compared to the D5 is diffrent
you can feel a lot more bumps on ****ry roads (not enough to worry about but its definately firmer)

Chucking it through the bends isnt too great to be fair, its a heavy car and i wouldnt class it as good as the Audi A4 or the mondeo almost floatish
Driving sensibly though its a great motor to be fair, its just not the race spec we all thought
I can change my car now im told as its not what it says on the tin but at moment i see no reason to change.
Im going to tow a caravan this weekend so trying to bang on as many miles as i can before then and well see how it goes

For comparison my last car was a 2.0 D Mondeo est 2008 for 6 months and before that it was a S line Audi A4 est 2007
The Volvo does seem to have caught my smile though, its a big heavy luxury tourer
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote