IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwlfc96 View Post
Good evening all,

2005 Volvo V50 2.0d 180000+ miles

I hope that somebody can help me.

I have recently changed my passenger headlight full unit along with the plug as it was all corroded, all the wires were rejoined colour for colour and soldered them together. The headlight works fine.

Now the interesting part, when I put my key in the ignition turn it to stage 2 no lights on the dash no clocks nothing!! Until the interior light goes out then it all comes to life?? While I'm driving if you turn the interior light on all the dash goes off again??

Another thing it has started to do is now and again it is almost like someone has turned the car off for a split second which is quit unerring.

If I just turn the key straight to turn it over it all flickers then comes to life. The car starts regardless of what I do so no issues there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it has only happened since you did the soldering it might be worth double checking all your solder joints again for shorts or earths, damaged insulation , unless it is just a coincidence.
Also if you had to move the loom to solder it could it be damaged further along?

Iain
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post: