View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 14:14   #9
Sotosound
Premier Member

I'd put a year's MOT on it.

In the imagination of the prospective buyer a lot of bad can happen in the 7 months since the last test. I'd wonder why you haven't done this and look for a V40 with a year's MOT.

Also, 3 owners in 4 years is a lot. Obviously you can't change that, however. How long have you owned it?

Agree in some ways about the photos. They're a bit "in yer face". As for the backdrop, that's a nice clean neighbourhood as opposed to a scrappy old bit of broken concrete wasteland, but a rural backdrop or similar does look nice. However, I've sold vehicles photographed outside my house and with a park as a backdrop so it might not be a deal breaker.

I'd also be tempted to add a bit of emotional value to the description, e.g. "My lovely V40" etc. You call it "a beauty" in your post but just call it "excellent" in your ad.

Also, talk about the virtues of the car, e.g. comfort, ride, driving qualities, performance, economy etc. Lay it all out on a plate. We want the prospective buyer to salivate a little (but not during a test drive).
Sotosound is online now   Reply With Quote