View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 18:26   #3
dooby
Forum Support Team

Hiya,

when I did this I gently pulled the trim from the back of the car out of its clips towards the windscreen. It's metal so don't bend it too much at the windscreen end.

Then I laid the roof rail next to it and worked out where to cut so the old trim finished just underneath where the roof rail would start. I used a junior hacksaw to cut the trim at this point.

Then, just pop the trim back in its clips and lay the roof rail in the 'gutter' that's now exposed and screw in 3 bolts and cover each with a blanking plate. Think there's also a bit of trim that comes with them to take care of making the rear end cap neatly but that's about it.

HTH, Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

dooby is offline   Reply With Quote