View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 12:50   #8
ClassicVolvoShop
Schrödinger's Cat Cph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222s View Post
Also, I'm pretty certain that these mirrors weren't GT fitment only, as although used on the GTs, I've seen Volvo publicity photos with these mirrors fitted to non GTs and even a PV! CVS - what are your thoughts?
The perticular wing/fender miror shown above - is like Derek says offered as accessories for the 140 series.

If seen on a PV - it's not "original" - timewise the mirrors came with the GT and for the 140 series as accessorie in 1967 - I have a swedish friend who bought a set at a Volvo dealer in early 1980's and most likely the set where a dusted shelf-item - so most likely only advertised arround 1967-1975.
(Oh, on the 445/210/Duett - and on the Amazon estate - you may see similar foot (base)/arm (stem) - but it's a different mirrorhead).

If idiot into details - the very true GT ones have pointy foot/base - and later batch where with a rounded off foot/base.

Over here in Scandinavia we had several wing/fender mirror-options - the Albert mirrors have been very popular in a period.. Where as the TEX Automotive mirrors are considered ugly.. Sorry, but that's just how taste etc. differs..