View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 14:24   #36
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukden View Post
Well, four weeks after asking Customer Support and after two prompts including sending them a copy of the photo of my beam pattern I have an answer:

"Our Product Department have confirmed that the height of the ‘flick’ is below legal limits that require alteration when driving on the other side of the road."

So even though the headlights are specifically made for RHD (it says so on the label on top of the light unit) Volvo think they are OK when driving on the right.

I have to disagree, if that is what they intended, the dipped beam should have a straight horizontal cut off. I have a friend with a BMW X3 with LED lights, his dipped beam is a straight horizontal line. My lights will certainly dazzle oncoming drivers If I am driving on the right.

As I suspected all along, I will have to resort to blanking part of the beam with sticky tape, as I have done with every other car I have owned.
Why not just give it a try. If the highest point is below the legal requirement why are you worried that it is not straight.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote