View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 09:00   #4
rx6180
Part-timer

Yesterday I telephoned a phone number on the photocopy on my car's service sheet, which turned out to be Available Car at Cannock. I bought my car from Available Car in Castle Donington. I asked them if they could tell me what oil had been used in my car, as I'd been told it needed a very specific engine oil. They took my registration number and looked on their computer system, and told me Optima C5 VC 0W-20 is the oil they used, which is this stuff.
https://store.nzmotoroils.com/passen...tima-vc-0w-20/

I figure Volvo don't refine their own engine oils and must surely buy it from somebody else and then put their own brand on it, if you go to a Volvo dealer to buy oil, so seeing as this appears to be the correct grade viscosity-wise I'm feeling comfortable with what was used. I was thinking that Available Car are always keen to push their warranties (which I've not taken out) so they'd be putting themselves at risk of claims if they put the wrong grades of oil in the engines of the cars they sold. The only negative really is that the car was serviced back in January which is when it must have been taken into stock at Cannock, where it remained unsold (I assume) until it was moved to Castle Donington where I bought it two weeks ago in July. During this time only around 40 miles was added to the odometer.
rx6180 is offline   Reply With Quote