View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 21:59   #6
The Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Nath View Post
So i decided to splash out on a brand new XC90 Active!!!

Absolutely chuffed to bits with it until my fifth day of ownership when it decided to lose all power coming out of an NCP car park!!!

The prompt response of volvo roadside assistance came to my aid after 5 hours of waiting to take me back to my dealer.

The news came back today that it was a fault on the drive shaft and a new part would be required that may not arrive until after christmas!!!

So here i am after buying a new car to get me through the winter period and next snow storm only to find myself in a Suzuki Swift...how does that work??

So i wondered if anyone else has had a problem with the drive shaft and losing all power and also any recommendations on how i should deal with Volvo as lets face it a car breaking down with 250 miles on the clock is an absolute joke!!!!

You would be clearly within your consumer rights to reject the car straight away after such a short time, that call is yours but make your decision quickly as time is of the essence here with the consumer laws.

If you do reject the car, do so in writing stating clearly the reason for rejection and deliver it to the manager by hand, there is no need for the assistance of a solicitor as this is a very basic consumer right under the sale of goods act.

Personally I would reject it as you will have a brand new repaired car which was subject to quite a serious sounding fault, you need to ask yourself would you be happy afterwards, however if you accept a repair your right to rejection will be less.

I hope you get sorted and sorry to hear of your problem
The Painter is offline   Reply With Quote