View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 13:07   #5
pzctjf

I bought a 2019 V60 a couple of weeks back, it turns out the Volvo dealer sold it with an active safety recall on it which is a big no no. I spoke to Volvo HQ customer services who confirmed it was a recall for the auto breaking system and required a software update.

To be fair to the dealer they pulled it straight back in and sorted it. So much for the Volvo Selekt (ex Volvo HQ car) full software update promise prior to sale though.

The only thing that annoyed me was that after going in for a service it ended up with 3 deep scratches on the bonnet that I only realised when I got it home. Looked like some tool had been dropped on it tried the Volvo touch up paint which was terrible so ended up with a colour match spray from a local car finisher. Struggled to blend the paint and lacquer in a small area so ended up doing the whole middle section of the bonnet. Looks great now but not what I wanted to be doing to a pretty new car.

My only other issue is that the car came without the dealer service stamp as it was transferred from another branch. They gave me a print out to confirm the last service but said they couldn’t retrospectively stamp the book. I’m hoping this doesn’t cause me future problems....

Out of interest though if anybody knows. The car was first registered in June 2019. When the dealer got it they serviced it in Feb 2020. Do I need to service again in Feb 2021 or at it’s official 2 year service interval June 2021? It’s only done 12k miles so unlikely to hit the 2 year service mileage.
pzctjf is offline   Reply With Quote