View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 07:38   #200
JGEM

Default Filter changes on 2008 build S80 3.2AWD

Doing some maintenance on my wife's car. Supposedly when we bought it a year ago it had just been serviced but I think that all that was done was an oil change

Changed 3 filters today, engine air filter, cabin pollen filter and oil filter

Air filter was easy to change, the old one was very dirty and had a 2012 date printed on it

The cabin pollen filter was filthy and also had a 2012 date code. Was pleased as to how much easier the S80 filter was to change compared to the XC60. On the XC60 you have to remove the glovebox which is 10 fasteners and 2 electrical connectors whereas with the S80 it was just 2 fasteners and 1 electrical connector

For the oil change I used Castrol Magnatec full synthetic 5W30. I bought the 36mm socket to undo the oil filter housing from a mate at work who had sold his BMW and moved to a Japanese dealer serviced car and no longer needed it. Also got a new washer for the sump drain plug. Had to unclip the power steering reservoir and move it out of the way. Old oil was very black and it might just be my imagination, but the engine does seem to be running smoother now! My car has the plastic engine under tray missing - if I could find one at a wreckers I'd buy it but just not that many S80s around in NZ

Next weekend is the turn for the XC60 to get an oil + filter and air filter change. (It only got a cabin filter change today)
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote