View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 14:40   #7
Turbodave
VOC Member

Cheers.

No, the steering vague at all, quite the opposite so it's definitely not a worn bush or geometry related and the lower arms, inner and out track road ends are all new and it's just had a four wheel geometry set up (at huge cost!) and the very slight free play in the wheel was noted... though I knew it was there but it's very very slight, but it's there. It's feels like a small bit of play in a splined joint or a UJ coupling or something like that but it's not knocking.

I'll pass on parking it against a kerb, it's sat on 18" Pegs thus that would be a dear day out but I know what you mean when you say lock the road wheels and check for play thereafter. I'll check and lubricate the lower couple this evening as a matter of course (though it won't help the free play) but I'm confused by where this other chap said the two sections slide together on a splined joint... would this be where the top of part 9 meets the upper part of the steering axle?

I how does section 9 come out... once bolt 12 is removed and that joint disconnected, does section 9 just slide down and off the upper part of the column and if so, I better not remove it or my wheel / rack alignment could end up all to pot!
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote