View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 19:06   #24
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadybc View Post
Funny you should mention the fuel distributor mounts. As I was placing the sock back on I noticed that whilst it was flush on the bottom, it was not flush at the top, whilst trying to find the reason why I lifted up the fuel distribution unit from underneath and found that there was a lot of play. Turns out the front mount is completely shot and wasn't actually making contact with the unit at all which explains why the top of the sock was lowering after running, the hose that runs to the bottom of the Air Auxiliary Valve was doing the same thing.

I can find replacement mounts but the part of the mount attached to the unit itself looks worn down as well, can I replace that side as well or would I have to get an entirely new unit?

Bolts around the manifold are tight, checked with DW40 whilst it's running and there was no change in rpm.

As usual I've attached photos.
Just renew the mounts, new fuel distributors don't come with them anyway. That might be the whole problem if you're lucky.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote