Thread: V50 Electrics : - Warning message / MOT
View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 19:11   #1
waynegoldring

Default Warning message / MOT

I have a 2006 V50 T5 (2WD) and it had a fault with the alternator, this was replaced but now the dash has a warning of 'power system service urgent' or something to that effect, i can check the exact wording if needed.

Everything has been checked as far as the alternator goes, its charging, the battery is fine etc, nothing is causing any physical issues, so i would guess that the CEM either needs a re-coding to account for fitting the new alternator, or indeed it could be faulty and need replacing

The questions is, will that warning message fail an MOT? the MOT is due on the car, and i know the new rules mean that they wont let you drive away in a failure? so i am reluctant to either take it to volvo and potentially cost a fortune, or take it elsewhere and it potentially be stuck with them as it needs a main dealer to re-code it

I had read somewhere that it will fail an MOT on any warning lights relating to brakes, emissions or the engine warning light, so this warning falls outside of those categories? If anyone is an MOT Tester and could confirm either way that would be great, so i can work out the next step to take

Cheers
waynegoldring is offline   Reply With Quote