View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 23:25   #17
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Pilot assist is for times when your driving skills lapse or you fall asleep at the wheel .
Lol, thank you for that, I will remember to turn it on next time I want to take a nap while driving.
Here's me thinking it was a self driving aid to make driving less stressful on those long motorway journeys, as long as you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

Seriously though, the reason I would like a warning bong when PA2 drops out is because I am keeping my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road while PA2 is in use and you dont always notice immediately that the green indicator has grayed out when PA2 drops out, and the first indication you get is when the car starts to drift on a bend and you have to apply steering manually but there may be a moments delay as your brain is computing whether the steering is going to react and glancing down to see the grayed out indicator, by which time you are reacting instinctivly but PA2 might have dropped out several vital seconds before the bend and if there was a warning you would immediately take control.
I hope all that makes sense.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Feb 15th, 2018 at 00:02.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote