View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 21:45   #27
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Thanks Paul.
The “O” ring problem could well due to the cheapness of the sprayers but the replacement rings I obtained appear to be working at the moment. Famous last words. I’m just using up the last of my Waxoyl as required and using aerosol sprays of “Supertrol” to spot treat areas when working on the car. Brake pipes and unions and body seams and stuff like that. I don’t have a compressor. I’ve seen the ads for “dynax UC” by Bilt Hamber or Corrolan” by Rustbuster after treating any rust area with Rustbuster’s FE 123 but haven’t bought any yet.
Is Rustbuster the same is Dinitrol?
Not sure.
Dinatrol has been used as a rustproofer in the north Sea oil rigs for 40 years according to the add blurb. It sprays well and covers generously but needs 90 psi air preasure for best results. I used economies of scale and baught 12 litres for £110. Have given the inside of the landrover chassis 2 very generous coats and 2 lighter coats on the outside, have sprayed body cavities generously and still have 8 litres left for underbody and the volvo .
Test areas on the volvo show it to stand up to Road abrasion very well but I would expect to have to respray every 3 or 4 years in high wear areas, mud flaps would hopefully extent that time. Just waiting for time and dry weather to do both the landrover and volvo. Want to do them at the same time as it's one mess to clean, though my gun gives very directable spray patern so very little waste.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: