View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 13:51   #15
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billggski View Post
My 2015 V70 has sensus, and I assume it has the update as it diverts me if the traffic is bad. It has been very good most of the time, but occasionally the jam has cleared by the time we get there, I've had no letter despite main dealer servicing so guess it's included.
The upgrade (or accessory, if you like) to real time updates via the internet has only been available for v/xc 60 and 70 since last summer. TMC, which provides traffic status via FM radio is a lot less accurate as coverage is patchy and not that up to date. So if you, or previous owner(?) have not bought the upgrade you will not have it.

Some dealers are pushing it with letters to customers because it is another way for them to reel you in to spend £50-80. The retail price of the software is less than £20 so they want to charge the rest in installation costs. Tip: if you want software upgrades of any type, eg RTTI or Towing software, try and get a price while the car is already booked in for something else, you are much more likely to get a 'good deal'.
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1monkey600 For This Useful Post: