View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:32   #8
yeoman
Master Member

Default Chip and Direct line insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnjulie View Post
I have one of those plug-in boxes, a Panoramiq DTK, which I paid nearly £300 for. Made a hell of a difference to throttle response when fitted, and mpg was marginally better, but I took it off because Direct Line won't insure a car with any mods (unhelpful to$$ers).
I might be persuaded to part with it........................... PM me if you're interested and make me an offer, it's been tried & tested on a 185 D5 and it certainly works.
Hi, I am really surprised Direct line refused to insure your car because they happily insured mine with the diesel tuner chip I fitted.(and have done for 3 yrs now!!)The lady whom I last spoke to in Direct line seemed very chilled about it and only wanted to know the % increase in power output. She said that was what determined the size of the increase in the premium.My premiium went up by about 12% to 475 quid.
Did you try calling again and speaking to a different representative? Im my experience, some of the people who man the phones are blissfully ignorant !
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote