View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 00:27   #1
john r craig

Default MAF sensor location, 2008 C30, diesel

Hello, I’m hoping someone can help me? I’ve got a 2008 C30 R Design, 2.0 diesel, Euro 4 (no dpf). Car has done 84,000 miles and has recently been displaying the side effects of a dirty/faulty MAF sensor (lumpy driving between 1,900 and 2,300 rpm when tickling along in the lower gears). I hear it’s really easy to change (or clean) the sensor but I’m struggling to locate it? I’ve looked all over the Internet to no avail. I called my local Volvo dealer asking them for advice and pert number but they would not help. They quoted £183 plus VAT for a replacement sensor. I visited another Volvo dealer and the gentleman kindly pulled up a diagram of the part of the engine but wouldn’t give me the part number. I felt more confused (only briefly looked at it) as the diagram showed the sensor to be on the air intake tube from the air box but right at the back of the engine. I thought it was located beside the air box? On inspection I could hardly see anything between the engine and the bulkhead let alone locate the MAF sensor?

My question is, has anyone had any experience of locating/removing the sensor? Is it simple? Does anyone have photos or video to help? I would really appreciate any help as I really would like to solve the problem! Many Thanks!
john r craig is offline   Reply With Quote