View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:07   #6
perussell

As of today I have 38000 miles on my 54 reg XC90 D5 auto.
Good: Supremely comfortable for hours on end; immensely practical; surprisingly economical - 80% M-way driving realises approx 30-33 mpg average; excellent dealer back up
OK: tyre wear - achieved 24,000 miles on first set of tyres, 2nd set wearing well
Poor: several warranty repairs (last one would have been £800 if I had to pay), parking can be difficult - you need to pick a large enough spot; very poor turning circle (making parking in confined spaces more difficult); poor pick up from stop - but cured to some extent with latest 185 bhp engine

Believe many of the bugs have been ironed out on the current facelifted model. if you are buying new then costs should be limited to servicing, maintenance and general wear and tear items. Not sure about servicing or insurance costs - I don't pay. Also be aware that market sentiment appears to be turning against 4x4s so residuals may not be as good as they were in the past.

I just ordered my next car - suffice to say it is not an XC90 (not even a Volvo and I have had 3 in my last 4 cars) though I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my current vehicle.

if you want a 4x4 I think the XC90 offers the best compromise between image, quality and practicality.
perussell is offline   Reply With Quote